Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Dinner- The Results


When we talked last, I was brainstorming for our Tuna Family Easter celebration.
 Well I am happy to say that it was a blast and a relative success as well. 

But first. Before I show you pictures of my endeavor.

We need to talk technical. 

Do you remember those horrible lights that you had in every classroom you sat in from pre-k to college?
Those are called fluorescent lights. 

And they are the bane of my existence.

I have a fluorescent light in my kitchen. But regular filament bulbs every where else, even just a few feet away in the dining room. 
Do you know how stupid hard it is to get food pictures to look normal under fluorescent light? 

No?

 Well. Really I'm just trying to explain why my food photography is sub par. 

No excuses? 

Well then you're really not gonna like it when I complain about my slow internet again and how I have to shrink the photo size basically by blasting the image quality.(I'm working on this issue. blah)

Well. With all this in mind, love me for who I am dears. Even if my pictures look like they were shot with my old school nokia phone camera instead of my Nikon D90.

This is Turk.

This is Turk, having a nice sauna experience. 


This is me rubbing soothing butter on Turks delicious bod.


This is me giving Turk a new "gauge" piercing. (meh meh meh)


This is Turk after the tanning bed stage. What a hunk. 



Okay enough of the Turkey. 

My favorite part. 

Stuffing. 

Started with a loaf of french bread. (obviously I just bought one)



WHIP IT! err tear it.


This is pan of corn bread. I forgot to take a picture before I flipped it. ooops.


And tear that up too.
Place it in the bowl and let it sit over night.


Celery. gross.


Fresh Parsley. Yum.


Chicken stock, celery, onion, and lots of other herbs.


Pour the mixture over the bread. And bake it. 
This stuffing was by far the hit of the meal. 
GREAT recipe. 
(I posted the recipes to the stuffing, gravy, and turkey in my previous post)



Easter morning at the tuna can.

 

This is me, little tuna, true to form.




 

This is Turk again. After a bit of chilling out in the fridge.







This is what Big Tuna does when other men like Turk try to come around.


Don't worry Turk. You won't feel a thing.


Only after the roasting, did we find Turk's giblets. 

(oh yea. I went there)


My prince charming.


Aw. My tuna puppy. 
(have I mentioned recently that "puppy" has started to morph into "poopy" in our vocab? We can't explain it. But I now have a beagle that responds to Macey, Puppy, and Poopy)


I don't have pictures of the gravy process. But it was from scratch baby! With the pan drippins of course!


Tuna's mighty sour cream mashed potatoes


Left over zucchini casserole it took to group that past week! (oh yea. I'm not too proud to serve left overs with our Easter dinner meal)


Me. With a plate of gravy. And a few extras.


Mmm. Gravy.


I hope you had a great Easter. 
Love,
Little Tuna

No comments:

Post a Comment