Saturday, February 5, 2011

Macey goes for a hike

Mill Creek Metropark is the local favorite around here (Youngstown) for hikes and scenery. It's literally a gem in the middle of an otherwise developed area. It has some neat geology, and lots of history.

I took Macey for her first hike this week. I like to think that she loved it. :) 



Some texture for you.



She's annoyed with me stopping to take pictures.


Don't you just want to go and sit by the pond because of this picture? Maybe not. Because it's covered in snow. But it's still pretty.


Trying her hardest to not pull on the leash. It's so tempting.



A tired pup.


The command "look" we're learning in puppy class really comes in handy when I'm trying to take her picture. 


Hey. Hey. It's snow. And I'm outside. Hey. Watch what happens to my ears when I run. Hey. Hey. Are you watching? Wee!



Trail # 2 - next to the river


Macey is a bit fearless when it comes to sniffing over the edge.



As you can imagine, taking a picture without the leash in it was rather difficult.


Surprise! This trail led us to the pioneer house.



Hey. Hey what's that? Hey I think it...Hey did it honk at me??





After I got a few shots, I let Mace chase the stupid Canada Goose around a bit. :) 



And that's our hiking adventure. 

NOW for some smokin deals from Rite Aid this week. (Unfortunately these prices are only good through today so most likely, too late to snag them. That being the case I won't take the time to post the coupon links)


 Buy 6 Edy's for 2.99 a piece. 
Get 2.00 back in UP rewards for each one you buy
Plus 5.00 UP when you buy 6.
Out of pocket: $18.00
$17.00 back in up rewards. 
1.00 for 6 icecreams. 
Saved 32.00
SCORE. 

Now the best part, is using that 17.00 to buy all the other deals. Oh yea.



1.99 for each JIF- used rite aid video value coupon for 1.00 off two, plus rite aid winter reward 1.00 off coupon and you got two 1.00 UP rewards back. so free in the end.
Chex Mix- 1.50 each
Used .50 off two rite aid video value coupon
and got 1.00 UP for each. 
so .50 for two. 
Total: 2.50 (used $2 UP rewards from ice cream) so paid .50
Saved 5.58



2.99 for Cesar Treats- Used two 2.00 off one printable coupons and got 1.00 UP for each = free
Beggin strips- 2.99 got 1.00 UP 
So 1.99 for Beggin Strips and used coupon from 1/23 smart source Buy one beggin strips- get busy bones free
Got 1.00 up for getting Busy Bones (even though it was free)
 so .99 for beggin strips and busy bones
Total: 3.00 (used UP rewards for it)
Got 4 UP rewards back
Saved: 8.99


Lays Stax- 1.00 each - get 1.00 back in UP rewards = FREE
Dixie plates- 3.99 BOGO plus used 3.00 off two. so 1.00 for two packs
Finish dish detergent pack- (originally 10.99!) on sale for 3.99 used rite aid 1.00 off plus manufacturer 3.00 off one. = Free
Total: 5.00 (used previous UP rewards)
Got 5 UP rewards back
Saved 10.29

Moral of the story. I paid 18 dollars out of pocket. Got 17 dollars back. Used parts of that 17 to buy other deals that gave me bucks back too. So I still have 17.00 in UP rewards. So for 18.00 bought 75.85 worth of merchandise. so far. :-) I'll keep you posted on the total.


Tuna and I went to a thrift store today to buy Macey some stuffed animals to chew on (she loves them but they don't last long!) We bought her a few things, and of course I found something too. I love this wreath. It's hard to see in the picture a bit (it's actually a bright pale green) it's got green confetti type paper and beads glued all over it. It's perfect for St. Patrick's day but also come Easter I'll throw on some bows and wire on some eggs and it'll be perfect for both holidays! and it was only 1.50. woo hoo.


Last but not least. Rulli Brothers (a local market) had this dip for sale for 1.00 a piece. (usually 2.00) and I had a dollar off two coupon from 1/23 smart source so we got two for a dollar. And trust me. It's called heluva good for a reason!! Yeehaw. 

Well that wraps it up for today. I'm working on a valentines day fabric wreath...it's going slow. Really slow. So we'll see how soon that gets posted ;)

Love, 
Little Tuna

No comments:

Post a Comment