Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Dinner- Tuna Style

No. We won't be eating tuna. Though I do love tuna. Greg hates tuna. The irony. 

Big Tuna and I went "home" to our families at the beginning of April. That was our Easter time with them. It's really just the way it worked out with Greg's weekend schedule. 

So this year, on Easter it's just the two of us. 
In our tuna can. 
And I'm planning a feast!!
Because if I screw something up.....no one to disappoint! (Greg doesn't count, he can always just go make pb&j. or he'll get nothing...and like it!) 

So. Thanks to the help from my dear friend Pioneer Woman 
(I don't actually know her, but we're bosom buddies no doubt)
I've put together a menu that is sure to be a hit. 
Maybe. 
Unless I screw something up. 
But no one will know!
And we'll eat pb&j instead. 

Have I told you about my recent obsession with pb&j? I really have on average two sandwiches a week. 
They are my sustenance. Everything else is just so I can keep up this salsy physique.

BACK ON TRACK
My Easter feast is really more a practice run for Thanksgiving.
I'm making a 14 lbs Turkey
Complete with 
And of course
mashed potatoes
Zucchini casserole (or maybe just broiled zucchini, not sure yet)
and maybe some of Greg's grandma's applesauce from the freezer

and some type of amazing dessert that will no doubt involve peanut butter because in the tuna can if it doesn't have peanut butter it's only sub-par.

The only thing missing will be the Cann family mac and cheese! (Cann is my mom's madden name) and my Grandma Cann makes some MEAN mac and cheese.

I just got back from going shopping and getting the extra things I didn't already have. (BAD idea to shopping at any point and time the week before Easter, even if it's in the middle of the day. People in Youngstown don't work. EVER.) 
I had bought the turkey when it was dirt cheap after Thanksgiving this past year, simply for the purpose of what I'm doing now! Having a little "practice run" of a Thanksgiving meal. 

All by myself. 
Well. With Tuna helping, but only after he offers to help 3 times and I continue to turn him down. But then 30 minutes later start crying over the stove while the smoke alarm goes off and guilt trip him because he hasn't been helping.
And tuna puppy, there to lick up the splatters and keep our kitchen floor spotless! 

 So that's our upcoming Easter adventure. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll maybe take pictures. Though probably not of EVERY step cause that just takes a bit too long. And I've already shared most of the recipes I'll be using.

Hope you all have some great Easter plans too!
Celebrate the resurrection in a way that glorifies him. :)
And here is some candy cane zinnia from the arboretum I worked at last summer, just to get you in the spring time mood.


Love,
Little Tuna


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll have zero problems.

    But, if you do mess up,get Greg to make you a sandwich.

    ReplyDelete