Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Grocery Deals 02-01

To start off...sorry these pictures are so dark. They never look this dark when I upload them onto the computer, yet when I post them I feel they look so much darker than I thought! In the future I'll try to compensate for that. 
Moving on.

Yesterday was grocery day! I went to uhhh....six stores. well...seven if you count the second walgreens trip. :) 
Does the average person have time for this....no. Do I have time for this normally...absolutely not. But as you know, I'm still in waiting for a regular job (I was supposed to start tomorrow at Austintown, as a sub teacher. However due to the ice-capades coming to town, orientation will be put off till next week) 
So as it is, I had plenty of time to plan and plenty of time to shop. And I got some smokin deals!


Walgreens!

See the two "Arnicare" gells on the left below the cottonelle? 
They were a money maker this week.
As in, they were priced at 5.99 and you received 6.00 in walgreens bucks at the register. So in other words free. However there is a $2/1 printable coupon for the product as well. So you pay 4 dollars and get 6 back. 

Money Maker. 

I bought two of these, so I paid 8 dollars out of pocket and got 10 back. 

Cottonelle was on sale for 4 dollars and I had a .50 coupon so I paid 3.50 for 12 rolls
Tostitos chips were two dollars a bag, I had a coupon for 1.00 off two. So 1.50 each.
The other tortilla chips were in the discount bin for .60 a piece
Edy's ice cream was on sale for 3.00, originally 6.00. 
Smart balance on sale for 2.00 a piece, I had a dollar off coupon for two ($1/2 printable) so I paid 1.50 each. 
Jello pudding on sale .59 cents a piece, I had a .55 off 3 coupon ($0.55/3 printable) so .40 a piece
Nestle butter finger candies on sale .39 a piece, I had a dollar off two coupon ($1/2 printable) so they were FREE

I used the money I got back from the arnicare deals to pay for most of this. 
So all in all I paid 11.53 out of pocket and according to my receipts I saved 43.45 dollars. 
Links were from Money Saving Mom



Walmart
I used Coupon Mom to match up deals and coupons for this store using the past few weeks previous coupon inserts from the weekly paper
Splenda was 2.44 and with bogo coupon it was 1.22 each
Ronzoni were a 1.08 a piece and I had 1.00 of 2 coupons, so each box was .58 a piece
Enchilada sauce was 2.04 for large can
2 Fat Free Cream Cheeses 1.78 a piece
10 Whole grain tortillas were 1.94
Soy Sauce and Teriyaki sauce were about 2.50 each but I had 1.00 off coupon for each one so they were 1.50 each
Fresh Cilantro .88 (for homemade salsa later this week! Woo hoo! Hence all the tortilla chips too :)
Romaine 1.48 a bunch
Low Calorie bread 1.98

I spent 19.80 and saved 6.10


Giant Eagle (doubles coupons up to .99)
I used Coupon Mom to match up deals and coupons for this store using the past few weeks previous coupon inserts from the weekly paper
4 Wheat thins at 2.00 a box with 1.00 of two coupon made each 1.75
Threee FF sour cream on sale for 1.50 with .50 c off one coupon (doubled) made each 1.16
Jello pudding Mousse temptations with coupon 1.80
Yoplait Plus on sale for 1.67 each, with two .50 off one coupon (doubled) made each just .67!
Green Giant simply steam 1.00 each, with .60 off three (doubled) made them .60 each
4 Kraft FF and Skim Milk singles on sale for 2.00 each! (normally 4.50!) With 1.00 off one coupon made each 1.75
Arnold bread BOGO made each 1.20
Spent 26.22
Saved 25.00



Rulli Brothers
Local market. They do a lot of their own farm raising so the meats are SPLENDID
1.99 for 5lbs of grapefruit
Helluvagood cheese for 1.79
1 lb colby cheese for 2.96
Farm Fresh boneless chicken breast 1.49 a lb!!
bananas .29 a lb
Amish eggs jumbo- a dozen for 1.59




Save-A-Lot
.99 a lb nectarines (weird for this time of year so I bought a lot!)
.79 a can del-monte spaghetti sauce
Pinapple (actually from Rulli) 1.00
Honey 4.59 for 16 oz

Not pictured because I forgot to up load it is my aldi trip. I spent another 25 or so there (and believe me 25 at aldi goes FAR!) I bought a lot of fresh veggie there too. Great deal on peppers and cauliflower, canned beans, corn, and the like. :) 


So I hope you weren't too bored by this post. I just wanted to share my great shopping trip yesterday with you! I came home feeling very accomplished. I'll wont have to go shopping for other than the essentials for several more weeks. :) 


Also, I bought this cupcake holder for 5 dollars at wal-mart. It's my "present" from Greg for valentines day ;) 
I loved it!!



Now to help with the boring-ness of the post. Here is my cute puppy.



Tug of war with was is left of mr.frog


This little easter duck I got from goodwill was her favorite...for about a week before she ripped it open. (that wouldn't be a problem, but she eats the stuffing. So to prevent a vet bill of having to get her stomach pumped we just bight the bullet and buy more cheap toys)


Waiting for me throw it of course. She's actually pretty good a "fetch" so far! She loves to chase her toys.

Hope you all are surviving the snow. My orientation for sub teaching was supposed to be today but will now be held off till next week. I guess I'll just try to enjoy another week off!

Love,
LT

1 comment: