Thursday, January 13, 2011

Round 1

Drugstore game January 13th

Last week at rite aid, I got four boxes of special K for free. I had buy one get one free coupons (you can get them too here!) And they had up reward specials.

Today I went to rite aid with $9 in rite aid bucks in hand from last week and I purchased:
4 cans of hunts = I got 4 dollars in up rewards back so FREE
2 more boxes of special K (all they had in stock)  = free with BOGO coupon and BOGO deal this week
 Colgate BOGO with 1.00 off in ad coupon (2 for 1.75, they are the large tubes so not a terrible deal)
But remember...I started with 9 rite aid bucks. So all that plus some halls cough drops with coupon and a last minute peanut butter m&m surprise for Big Tuna cost me nothing out pocket.

 

Walgreens: not as successful.
3 boxes of cereal bars- on sale for 2 dollars each, used three .50 coupons from here and got 1.50 in walgreens cash. 
final cost 1.00 each

4 packs of pads (yes going for it on my first post!) 
This is what can happen when couponing sometimes, especially if you're like me. 

(I am a HEADLINES kinda gal. Greg is the small print details man. Yes, we're opposite of most couples.)
I kinda screwed up and ended up paying more for them than I thought. I had intended on all 4 of them being FREE. I instead ended up paying 6 dollars for all four (which is still 50% off....but far from free) 

The in ad walgreens coupon for $3 off stay free was for 28-34 ct packs. I purchased 24 ct packs. 

Details. 

Ugh. 

Of course, there are 3 people behind me in line and my order already took too long because I have a bazillion coupons which she has already scanned and filed. So at the end of the order, when we realized the mistake, I just took the 50% off and went on my way. Could I have stopped the transaction and not purchased them? Of course. And often that might be the best option when you make a mistake. 

But something I've had to realize and not be too hard on myself about in this biz...mistakes ARE going to happen! And it's okay.

 I also got 2 more boxes of special K at walgreens. They were on sale for 2.50 and got 2.00 back when you bought 2. So with BOGO coupon I paid .50 for two boxes.

Total of 8 boxes of Special K only cost me .50 woo hoo


Last week, B Tuna and I went to the Mill Creek nature center and watched people hand feed chickadees. This was their interp trail.



Macey on her favorite plaid blanky today.

 Last night I made teriyaki turkey burgers. For sure gonna put that recipe up next time I make em. Big hit. 

Bear with me while the page is getting spunked up. It'll take a little while to get on my feet. :) 

Blog post #1 is done! 

love, little tuna

No comments:

Post a Comment